A delicious, veggie loaded pumpkin & pesto pizza, made gluten free, dairy free and vegan friendly!
This recipe is packed with nutrition from the variety of plant-based toppings and don’t forget the creamy tahini “cheese”, a game changer for those on a dairy free or vegan diet.
To make the gluten free pizza base I used cauliflower flour! A unique gluten free flour that has a 1:1 cup use in recipes. You can get Pom Pom Paddock cauliflower flour online or from selected health food stores. See below for a discount for our Live Love Nourish community!
Allergy note: This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and egg free. To make this recipe nut free see recipe notes below.
The toppings provide the perfect balance of flavour and balanced nutrition. To provide balanced nutrition this healthy pizza recipe provides a source of wholefood carbohydrates (from veggies and gluten free grain), healthy fats from tahini, olive oil, avocado and ground almonds and plant based protein from tahini, chickpeas and almond meal, plus fibre rich vegetables!
Whether you simply love pizza, trying to increase your veggie intake, trying to get the kids to eat more veggies or perhaps have special dietary needs, this pizza will be a game changer.
Special Dietary Needs
The recipe for my healthy Veggie Loaded Pumpkin & Pesto Pizza is:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Egg Free
- Plant based
Watch the video:
Veggie Loaded Pumpkin & Pesto Pizza
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup Pom Pom Cauliflower Flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- Extra cauliflower flour for rolling
- 3/4 cup roast pumpkin pureed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2-3 florets broccoli thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canned/cooked chickpeas rinsed
- 2 tbsp pesto heaped (use dairy free for DF/vegan)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt
- baby spinach/ rocket leaves
- 1/4 avocado cubed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
Pre- heat oven to 170°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, cauliflower flour, onion and garlic powder and oregano.
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar and water, combine well and form a large ball.
- Lightly dust a clean, flat surface with extra cauliflower flour.
- Place dough onto surface and gently roll out with a rolling pin. Shape edges as needed.
- Place onto a pizza stone or lined baking tray and bake in oven for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare toppings. Mix pumpkin puree with garlic and oregano. Prepare remaining topping ingredients. To make tahini “cheese” mix tahini with water, nutritional yeast and season to taste. Add more water to mixture if needed.
- Spread pumpkin puree over pizza base. Toss broccoli in olive oil and place on top of pizza (or use an olive oil spray). Add onion and chickpeas. Spoon over pesto and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
- Drizzle over tahini and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is cooked and pizza toppings are warmed through.
- When ready to toss greens with olive oil and dress pizza. Top with cubed avocado and pine nuts.
Live Love Nourish Community Discount
Let’s Stay Connected
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Pom Pom Paddock.
This recipe, video imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.