A simple, creamy and whole food treat made with just 3 ingredients! You can whip this clean treat up in a matter of minutes. Using real food ingredients,
this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and in fact uses no sweeteners at all.
If you love sweet treats without added sugar or sweeteners you’ll find more like this in my recipe e-book.
Don’t forget if you make my recipes I’d love to see your creations on Instagram.
Make sure you tag me (@livelovenourishaus) in your pic and tag @livelovenourishaus so I can find your photo!
- With no added sweeteners at all, this clean recipe is the perfect no-guilt treat made with nourishing whole food ingredients.
- Bananas are a great natural energy source, promote healthy digestion, aid detoxification and are a great prebiotic (act as food for probiotics) to promote gut health.
- Bananas are also rich in vitamin B6 and C great for a healthy immune system.
- Coconut milk is also very satiating which will keep you feeling satisfied without overindulging and is great for promoting the balance of hormones and blood sugar levels (reducing the effects of sugar highs and lows).
- Did you know peanut butter is actually a source of protein? As well as being rich in friendly fats too.
- Natural peanut butter is also a rich source of vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant) and niacin (vitamin B3) and a beneficial source of magnesium and copper.
- Peanuts are also good for your heart (just make sure they are unsalted!) They are rich in monounsaturated fats, the type of fat that the benefits of the Mediterranean diet is known for. There isresearchto show that the antioxidant power found in peanuts (thanks to its Vitamin E content) may be key to cardio-protective benefits.
- Together these three ingredients provide a concentrated supply of energy nourishing your body with a balanced combination of protein, healthy fat and carbohydrate that will keep you fuller for longer and also reduce cravings for junk foods or unhealthy snacking.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Mousse
- 400 mL can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight- optional* (BPA Free can)
- 1 extra large (approx 150g) pre-frozen banana (cut into large pieces)
- 3 tbsp (85g) organic natural peanut butter* (alternatives below)
- Extra drizzle of peanut butter Optional Topping
- Organic coconut flakes Optional Topping
- Crushed dry roasted peanuts Optional Topping
- Gluten free granola Optional Topping
- *To make an extra thick, creamy and rich treat, take your refrigerated coconut milk out of fridge (do not shake). Scoop out thick solids, should yield approx 200ml. Keep liquid for another use (great for smoothies). Or use 200ml whole canned coconut milk (without refrigeration) for a less rich result.
- In a blender (I use a Vitamix) blend 200mL coconut milk/cream with banana and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add a touch extra of coconut milk to help blend if needed.
- Serve immediately and top with crushed peanuts and an extra drizzle of peanut butter. Or, refrigerate for later (if you can wait that long). You can also freeze for 1 - 2 hours to firm a little more.
Depending on how rich you like this treat, you can add less (3 TBSP) or more (4 TBSP) peanut butter. Using coconut milk (solids as well as
liquid) instead of just the solids will reduce the richness of the mousse.
Love peanut butter? Add additional peanut butter on top to serve or add an additional TBSP of peanut butter to mix. Recipe Tips: Make sure you purchase an all natural (and organic if possible) peanut butter without added sugar or oil.
*Place an unopened can of coconut milk in your fridge. Refrigerating your coconut milk will allow the thick solids to separate from the liquid.
Using the thick solids will make your mousse extra creamy.
*You can also swap peanut butter for dry roasted almond butter or another nut spread of choice. Sensitive to peanuts? Swap peanut butter for dry roasted almond butter or another seed or nut spread of choice.