Super-simple gluten free and sugarfree banana muffins perfect for a nourishing snack or naturally sweet treat.
These moist, naturally-sweetened muffins can also be made nut free by using coconut milk instead of nut milk.
I like to make a batch of these and freeze them for simple lunch box snacks or for morning/ afternoon tea. They contain no added sugars or sweeteners, just the natural sweetness of banana.
You’ll find more healthy family-friendly and kid-friendly snack recipes in my recipe e-book.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free free and soy free
Coconut Banana Muffins
- 3 large free range eggs
- 3/4 cup plant based milk of choice or coconut water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup mashed Bananas, (approx 2 large ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted coconut oil and mashed banana until well combined.
- Add in coconut flour and baking powder and whisk to remove any lumps. (Mix batter just before placing into muffin tray to ensure the mixture is evenly combined).
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add chopped walnuts to batter.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to batter.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder or sugar/alcohol free vanilla extract.
- Recipe makes 6 muffins or you can also make into 18 mini muffins.
- Use coconut milk or coconut water instead of almond milk.