Healthy banana and buckwheat sugar free pancakes made into a fun Easter bunny.
- This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
- This recipe is nut free and suitable for those with nut sensitivity and for nut free school lunch boxes.
- Made with simple, nourishing ingredients.
- Naturally sweetened with banana with no added sugar.
Easter Bunny Pancakes
- 3/4 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 1 large free range egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or good quality vanilla extract)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Pure maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Fresh banana slices to decorate
- coconut yoghurt
- Desiccated coconut to decorate
- In a mixing bowl combine banana with milk and egg.
- Add buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla and combine well.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and cook pancakes into shapes to create an Easter bunny. (You will need 1 one round head, 1 round body, 2 long ears, 2 small feet and 1 small round tail).
- Cook for 1 minute each side or until cooked.
- Assemble shapes to create an Easter bunny.
- Decorate with banana slices for feet and yoghurt and coconut on the tail.
- Serve with maple syrup (optional).