These Gluten Free Macadamia Florentines are the perfect sweet treat, homemade gift or enjoyed with a cuppa with your guests.
The recipe is gluten free and dairy free friendly using simple ingredients you can find at your supermarket. Unlike many store bought biscuits, these are low in natural sugars using sweetness from coconut sugar and honey. With the added crunch of my favourite Australian Macadamias providing a source of healthy fats.
Simply combine dry ingredients into the caramel like syrup and baking in the oven. Once cool you can make these extra special drizzle your caramel crunch florentines with your favourite dark chocolate. However if chocolate isn’t your thing, you can make these as incredible gluten free biscuits on their own.
To make these vegan friendly use rice malt syrup in place of honey.
If you love these gluten free macadamia florentines make sure you check out my Gluten Free Macadamia Granola recipe.
Gluten Free Macadamia Florentines
- 1/2 cup
Australian macadamiasfinely chopped
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup
dried cherries, chopped*(see variations below)
- 3 tbsp
gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp
premium coconut milkcanned
- 2 tbsp honey* (see variations below)
- 75g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 175ºC.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, macadamias, almonds, dried cherries, flour and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil, coconut milk and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet and combine well.
- Spoon shaped tablespoon of mixture onto a lined baking tray. Carefully use your spoon or shape and smooth out.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Whilst they are cooling, prepare chocolate. Melt in a double boiler.
- Drizzle florentines with generous amount of chocolate.
Watch the recipe video:
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Australian Macadamias.