This gut friendly banana bread is one of my favourite healthy snacks. Being sugar free and grain free and made with real, unprocessed ingredients, it’s a healthy, guilt free snack or treat that supports good gut health. I add buttery and health promoting macadamias for that extra special touch adding an element of texture and flavour as well as good, healthy fats your body will love.
The banana bread recipe will also work well made into muffins (perfect for freezing for work snacks or for the kids after school).
As I share in my8 Week Program snacks should ideally contain protein and good fats to keep you fuller for longer, curb cravings and reduce energy crashes. This gluten free banana bread
recipe contains good fats (from the macadamias, macadamia oil and almond meal), plant-based protein (from the eggs and nuts) as well as energising banana helping you to feel fab without bloating or gut irritating ingredients.
See notes below on how to make this recipe sweetener free. Serve as is, warmed, toasted or with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and drizzle of honey.
This recipe is brought to your in partnership with Australian Macadamias, my fav way to add taste, texture and goodness to a recipe.
Gut Friendly Banana Macadamia Bread
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
- 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1 - 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup macadamias , roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat your fan-forced oven to 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with mashed banana, macadamia oil and rice malt syrup.In a blender or food processor (I use my Vitamix)
- pulse 1 cup macadamia nuts to a ground nut meal consistency (some texture is ok).
- Add ground macadamias, almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon to wet mixture and combine.
- Stir through remaining macadamia nuts.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Adjust sweetness to liking by increasing or decreasing amount of natural sweetener (rice malt syrup).
- The recipe also works without any sweeter and just with the natural sweetness of banana. Before baking; top with crushed macadamia nuts or sliced banana.
- Share This