Refined sugar free, gluten free energy muesli bars. No baking required. Hello healthy snack idea!
Combine wholefood ingredients including nuts, seeds, quinoa flakes, coconut, organic goji berries, coconut oil and tahini to make the perfect snack
bars (or breakfast on-the-go) packed with nutrition.
Take these bars to the next level by topping with homemade tahini chocolate. Amazing!
I love to make snacks like these in my meal prep on weekends to have heathy snack options ready to go in the fridge throughout the week. If you would like
to learn more about health snacking and how to meal prep for success I teach you how in my 8 Week Online Program.
Why this recipe is healthy and nourishing:
- This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and vegan friendly.
- Using the natural sweetness from a small amount of organic goji berries and dates this recipe is refined sugar free.
- Using real food ingredients only this recipe has no preservatives or added refined sugar (which you’ll often find in store-bought, packaged muesli
- You’ll find tahini is used in this recipe not only to help bind but to add good fats and a source of plant-based calcium.
- The combination of nuts and seeds provide a source of healthy fats and plant-based protein to keep you fuller for longer and to reduce sweet cravings.
Good fats and protein are very satiating macronutrients that make you feel more satisfied whilst promoting balanced blood sugar levels (helping
to reduce those cravings).
- You’ll also find psyllium husk in this recipe promoting healthy digestion, healthy cholesterol and added providing added fibre (great for encouraging
stable blood sugar levels and keeping you feel full longer as well).
No Bake Energy Muesli Bars - Gluten Free
- ½ cup each of almonds, macadamias, walnuts and cashews
- ¼ cup each of linseeds, chia seeds and pepitas
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup goji berries
- ¾ cup dried dates
- 2 tbsp tahini
White Tahini Chocolate (optional)
- 50 g cacao butter, melted
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Add nuts, seeds, quinoa flakes, desiccated coconut and psyllium to a blender and blend on high until the mixture resembles a meal type texture.
- Add coconut oil, water, tahini, dates and goji berries and blend together until mixture holds together when pressed.
- Press mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin and refrigerate until firm. Once firm, slice into bars.
- To make the white chocolate, place cacao butter in a saucepan on a very low heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Add tahini and maple
- syrup and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle white chocolate over bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Make sure you choose organic dried fruit (preservative free). Nuts are more easily digested when they are activated. The My Organics range includes a selection of activated nuts and seeds.
- Your support helps me to share more recipes that help others, thank you.If you love this recipe please share it with your friends and family on Facebook (click the share button at the top of this page)Don't forget to share your recipe remakes on Instagram and tag @livelovenourishaus so I don't miss it!
- Thank you so much for supporting my recipes. Make sure you let me know what you think in the comments 🙂