Nourishing your body with the right foods in balance is key for having an abundance of energy, happy hormones and feeling great throughout your day.
Understanding which nutrients your body needs to thrive will help you to create easy and balanced meals to nourish your body. I teach you which nutrients your body needs for energy and health and how to assemble simple meals to nourish you and your family in the Live Love Nourish 8 Week Program.
My nourish bowl features are some of my favourite ingredients that nourish your body from the inside out. With a balance of vegetables, protein, complex
carbohydrates and healthy fats, the recipe is the perfect nutrient-packed balanced meal. I share hundreds of nutrient balanced meals in the 8 Weeks to Healthy and Happy online nutrition program.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and soy free
- 1 heaped cup kale, stem removed and shredded
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup cooked quinoa or buckwheat
- 1/3 cup baked pumpkin or sweet potato
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower florets
- 1/4 - 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut/ fermented veg
- 1 tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Lemon/ lime wedge to serve
- 1-2 free range eggs
- or 1 small portion cooked salmon or chicken
- or 1/2 cup slow cooked meat
- or 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or cooked legumes, lentils
- Method:In a mixing bowl, massage kale with olive oil and lemon juice for a few minutes until tender.
- Allow to sit whilst prepare other veggies and choice of protein.
- Arrange serving bowl with kale, quinoa, veggies, avocado, tomatoes, sauerkraut and protein.Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and sesame seeds.