How to make the perfect glazed ham. I used organic, gluten free ham from Sherwood Rd Organic Meats and basted with a Paleo friendly honey, mustard & orange glaze for that perfect caramelised coating. Scroll down to watch the video below on how to make a Christmas glazed ham.
Note: This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and Paleo.
Perfect for Christmas!
Find more gluten free and and Paleo Christmas recipes check out my Health and Happy Christmas Recipe e-book.
Paleo Friendly Honey, Mustard & Orange Glazed Ham
- 4 kg leg of ham, on the bone with rind on
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp seeded mustard
- Zest of 1 orange, finely grated
- 30 cloves Approx
- To a saucepan add orange juice, honey, mustard and orange zest, whisk to combine. Simmer over medium heat until begins to slightly thicken. Set aside to cool.
- Use a shark knife to score skin around ham hock. Use fingers to peel back skin around the ham leaving the fat in tact.
- Use a sharp knife to score through the fat in a criss cross patter (be careful not to cut through the meat).
- Brush ham with a generous amount of glaze.
- Pierce a clove into each diamond.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and cook in oven for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to colour.
- Remove from oven and brush again with remaining glaze and put back into oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the top of the ham has caramalised.
- Take out ham from fridge up to an hour before prepping, this will make it easier to remove skin from ham.
- If time permits, re-glaze ham every 10-15 minutes to enhance flavours and caramelisation.Watch the base of your baking tray doesn’t start to burn from the glaze, if so add a touch of water to the pan.