If you love fragrant Thai flavours you will love this Sensational Thai Baked Salmon recipe. Using fresh flavours from lemongrass, garlic, chilli and kaffir lime your taste buds will come alive with this recipe.
To make this recipe you simply need to blend the Thai herbs with lime juice and tamari soy sauce to make a paste. I use my Vitamix Blending Cup for the A3500i Ascent High Speed Blender to make this marinade in seconds. It’s so easy and it’s high power grind through the aromatics (such as lemongrass, garlic, chilli and kaffir lime leaves) easily for a no-fuss, flavourfull marinade. Pour the paste over fresh salmon fillets and bake in a pre-heated oven until the marinade has caramalised and your salmon is cooked to your liking.
This Thai inspired salmon recipe is made with whole food ingredients and is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
How To Serve:
My Sensational Thai Baked Salmon recipe is so versatile. Perfect for a healthy and flavoursome dinner or an easy and impressive dish to share with guests. I love to serve the baked salmon on a bed of fresh salad ingredients such as ribboned cucumber, finely sliced capsicum, snow peas and fresh coriander and dressed in fresh lime juice and a splash of fish sauce or tamari to season. A wombok side salad is also a great accompaniment. This recipe is also perfect served with steamed or stir-fried vegetables, especially vegetables such as bok choy, broccolini or snow peas.
Watch The Video:
Sensational Thai Baked Salmon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass woody stem removed
- 1 long red chilli deseeded
- 2 kaffir lime leaves stem removed
- 2 Spring Onion chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or macadamia nut or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
Salad To Serve
- 1 long cucumber ribboned
- 2 bunches broccolini steamed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180'C.
- In a blender pulse garlic, lemongrass, chilli, kaffir lime, spring onions with lime juice, olive oil and tamari to make a paste. Add extra olive oil if needed.
- Place salmon fillets onto a lined baking tray. Pour over 3/4 of the marinade and spread over each salmon fillet.
- Bake in oven for 12- 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to liking and marinade has caramalised.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad to serve. Arrange ribboned cucumber, broccolini and tomatoes onto a serving plate. Drizzle with lime juice and tamari.
- Serve salmon fillets on top of prepared salad (or serve with your favourite sides).
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over the salmon and salad to finish with extra flavour.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. You can download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
This recipe, video and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
If you love this recipe please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe was custom created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Vitamix.