This Super Food Rainbow Bowl with Manuka Magic Dressing is my kind of healthy food inspired by the rainbow!
The range of superfood whole food rainbow ingredients provide a diversity of nutritional value, flavour and texture for a dish. A delicious dish that is so satisfying and for your body and soul!
Like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow dish like this, the Manuka Magic Dressing made with Active Manuka Honey will take the dish to the next level.
Using whole food ingredients this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free and preservative free.
By using Active Manuka honey to naturally sweeten the dressing, the recipe is also is refined sugar free.
This recipe provides a lot of delicious nutritional value. Including key components protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. As well as fibre, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Making a Nourish Bowl:
When making a nourish bowl just like this Super Food Rainbow Bowl you want to include the key macronutrients (protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats) to provide nutritional balance.
As you’ll see in the recipe below this rainbow bowl includes plant based sources of protein (chickpeas), healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, avocado and pepitas) and complex carbohydrates (sweet potato, pumpkin, quinoa or rice).
With so much diversity in this recipe you’ll also find a great source of fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants thanks to the range of vegetables and salad ingredients.
Making the Dressing:
Super Food Rainbow Bowl with Manuka Magic Dressing
- 1/2 cup sweet potato cut into cubes, roasted
- 2 wedges pumpkin roasted
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets roasted
- 1/2 cup kale shredded
- 1/2 cup raw zucchini noodles
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup beetroot spiralised or cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup tri-colour quinoa or wild rice (cooked)
- 1 tbsp pepitas
Honey Roasted Chickpeas
Manuka Magic Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 150 g beetroot cooked
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt unsweetened
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch turmeric
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Dry really well by spreading out on a paper towel and leave to air dry for 30 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients into a blender until small. Set aside.
- To make honey roasted chickpeas, in a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, curry powder, honey and sea salt. Add chickpeas and toss to coat. Spread onto a lined oven tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or tumult golden and crispy.
- Assemble bowl with filling ingredients, top with chickpeas and dressing.
Instead of chickpeas, use tofu, coat in marinade as per recipe, cook on frying pan in olive oil until golden and crisp.
More Free Recipes!
Whilst you are here be sure to check out our other free recipes. All of our recipes are made with whole food ingredients, gluten free and dairy free friendly.
Make sure you don’t miss a recipe by signing up to our free newsletter. Download your free recipe e-book and I’ll send you our latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe for Super Food Rainbow Bowl with Manuka Magic Dressing? Please share on social media with your friends and family. Hit the Facebook or Pinterest button at the top of this page. We love having your support to inspire healthy and happy kitchens around the world.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Live Love Nourish. If you wish to share on your website please get in touch. We love collaborating with like-minded business’ but we kindly ask permission is requested.
This recipe was created by nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons for Capilano.