Starting the day with a nourishing breakfast is key to energy, balanced blood sugar levels and feeling great. As I teach in my 8 Week Program creating meals that are balanced will provide your body with the right nutrients to support gut health, hormone health, energy levels, reduced cravings and more. Here’s a quick and easy savoury breakfast option that provides key nutrients such as protein, good fats, clean carbs and veggies, all in the right balance that will leave you feeling fab.
To find out more about understanding everyday nutrition for a healthier and happier you and how to make your body thrive check out my 8 Week Program.
This recipe is brought to your in partnership with Studio Pilates, offering a way of exercise that also nourishes from the inside out.
Savoury Breakfast Bowl
- 2 large handfuls of leafy greens (i.e. sautéed kale or wilted baby spinach)
- 1-2 free range eggs, poached or fried
- 1/4- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked, cubed sweet potato or pumpkin (roasted or steamed)
- 1- 2 tbsp pesto
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon wedge to serve
- Cook greens to liking.
- Layer your bowl with leafy greens .
- Cook your eggs to liking and serve on top of greens.
- Add avocado and cooked sweet potato/ pumpkin.Drizzle of olive oil and top with pesto.
To make this recipe low FODMAP, omit garlic and use garlic infused olive oil.